- A regulating dam
- Two water treatment plants, each located in Rasa and Bukit Badong
- The realignment of Kuala Kubu Bharu-Bukit Fraser Road
- Relocation of Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN)
- Relocation of 2 Orang Asli villages comprising 84 families
Sungai Selangor Dam & Reservoir
Excess water that currently flows into the sea, will be stored in the Sungai Selangor regulating dam during the wet season. In the dry season it will be released to ensure a constant and regular supply of raw water to the treatment plants at Rasa and Bukit Badong.
Features of the Dam
The impounded dam area is approximately 600 hectares.
Gross storage of approximately 235 million cubit metres.
A 110m high earth-core rock-filled embankment dam with a dead storage of 5 million cubic metres.
A 375km long, 7m diameter horseshoe shaped diversion tunnel through the left abutment.
A 30m wide concrete chute spillway on the left abutment capable of discharging 3000 cubic metres per second of flood water.
Dam crest of approximately 800m long.
The draw-off tower, a wet well design with 4 service gates at different depths.
Twin 2200mm discharge pipes with flow regulating valves and flowmeters for regulated water releases downstream.
Rasa and Bukit Badong Water Treatment Plants
The Rasa Water Treatment Plant has the capacity to process raw water for drinking up to 250MLD. It serves the northern region of Selangor. The Bukit Badong Treatment Plant serves the Klang Valley area and has a capacity of 800MLD.
The SSP3 water treatment plants are designed and built with up-to-date and modern automated water treatment technologies to provide reliability and operational efficiency.
The realignment of the Kuala Kubu Bharu-Frasers Hill Road (Federal Route 55) was completed and opened to the public in 2001 and handed over to the Federal Government in 2002.
- Length - 7m dual carriageway with 2m paved shoulders.
- Width - 7m dual carriageway with 2m paved shoulders.
- Alignment - TO JKR Standard R3
- Standards - 50kph design speed for mountainous terrain and 60kph design speed for rolling terrain.
Schedule of Completion for SSP3 Components
- Re-alignment of Federal Route 55 (Kuala Kubu Bharu-Frasers Hill road)
- Completed 2001
- Handed to Federal Government: November 2002
- Sungai Selangor Dam. Completed: April 2003
- IKBN - Completed: June 2002
- Kg Peretak - Completed: November 2001
- Kg Gerachi - Completed: April 2001
- Rasa Water Treatment Plant (Phase1)
- Completed: November 2001 - capacity: 125MLD
- Bukit Badong Water Treatment Plant (Phase 1)
- Completed: July 2003 - capacity: 400MLD
- Rasa Water Treatment Plant (Phase 2)
- Completion: January 2004 - capacity: 125MLD
- Bukit Badong Water Treatment Plant (Phase 2)
- Completion: July 2005 - capacity: 400MLD